More Benefits. More Features. More Coverage.
If you want the reassurance of wider and deeper coverage for you and your family when you travel, make sure you have activated Travel Insurance.
COVID-19 Benefits Extension under Overseas Travel Plan C
- Medical expenses incurred for hospitalisation due to COVID-19, up to RM450,000 per Family and up to RM300,000 per Insured Person.
- Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation up to RM150,000.
- Repatriation of mortal remains up to RM15,000.
- Trip cancellation up to RM15,000 per Family and up to RM5,000 per Insured Person.
- Trip postponement up to RM6,000 per Family and up to RM2,000 per Insured Person.
Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation
In the event of emergency medical evacuation (in a medical critical condition as judged appropriate by the Asia Assistance Network) to the nearest hospital, we will pay up to the maximum sum insured based on the selected plan as specified in the Schedule of Benefits as a result of injury or sickness sustained by the insured person while overseas. If the insured person is hospitalised abroad and it is medically necessary for him/her to be repatriated back to Malaysia to continue treatment, we will pay the necessary repatriation costs, including the transportation costs as specified in the Schedule of Benefits.
Loss of travel documents and personal money
We will reimburse you for any one claim or series of claims arising from the same incidence, including cost of replacing lost travel documents during any one journey up to the limit as specified in the Schedule of Benefits. For loss of cash, traveller’s cheques or banknotes due to robbery, burglary or theft while the insured person is overseas, we will pay up to RM1,000 provided a police report is lodged.
Home contents benefit
We will pay for damages to your home contents as a result of fire when your house is left vacant while you are travelling outside Malaysia.
Should you be accidentally injured while travelling, we will reimburse you the medical expenses incurred up to the limit as specified in the Schedule of Benefits. This benefit is also extended to include medical expenses incurred if you fell ill while overseas. Should follow-up treatments be required back in Malaysia, we will reimburse you to the maximum sum applicable to the plan you have selected.
For every six consecutive hours that your baggage is delayed from the time of arrival at the scheduled destination, we will reimburse you RM200 for the purchase of essential items such as clothing and toiletries. This is subject to the limits specified in the Schedule of Benefits.
Loss of baggage/personal effects
We will reimburse you for the loss of or damage to your luggage and/or personal effects while travelling up to a limit as specified in the Schedule of Benefits.
For every six consecutive hours that the conveyance is delayed from the scheduled departure time, due to strikes, adverse weather conditions, technical problems or airport closure, we will reimburse you RM200, subject to the limit as specified in the Schedule of Benefits.
Missed flight connections
Missed flight connections If your incoming flight is delayed within six full consecutive hours, causing you to miss your connecting flight, we will reimburse you RM200.
Should you become legally liable to pay a third party for accidental bodily injury or accidental property damage while travelling, we will pay for indemnities incurred, subject to the limit as specified in the Schedule of Benefits.
Automatic extension of cover
We will extend the cover for a further period up to 30 days for you to complete the planned journey due to bodily injury, sickness or delayed of booked transport beyond your control.
Footnotes and disclaimers
Please do take note of the below to ensure you fully understand what this product does and does not cover.
- War, radiation or contamination by radioactivity, nuclear weapons material.
- Nuclear, chemical or biological terrorism.
- Pre-existing physical or medical conditions, physical or mental defects or infirmity.
- Childbirth, pregnancy, miscarriage or any complications thereof.
- HIV and/or HIV related illness including AIDS, and any communicable diseases which require quarantine by law (except as provided under the COVID-19 Benefits Extension).
- Self-inflicted injury and provoked murder or assault.
- Suicide or attempted suicide while sane or insane.
- Motor sports rallies or competition, speed testing, reliability trials or racing of any kind other than on foot, professional or semi-professional sports.
- Flying or any aerial activities otherwise than as a fare-paying passenger in a common carrier provided and operated by an airline or air charter company which is duly licensed for the regular transportation of fare-paying passengers over an established air route.
- Serving in any branch of the armed forces or fire-fighting services or agencies (whether voluntary or otherwise) including police of any country or international authority (whether in time of peace or war).
- Criminal or illegal activities.
Note: This list is non-exhaustive. Please refer to the Policy Contract for the full list of exclusions.
You and your spouse must be between 18 and 80 years old. Your children must be aged between 3 months and 18 years old (or 23 years old, if they are in tertiary education). Travel For More is only applicable to Malaysians, Malaysian permanent residents or work permit holders who are legally employed in Malaysia.
In addition, you must ensure that the following requirements have been fulfilled in order to be covered under the COVID-19 Benefits Extension (applicable to Overseas Travel (Plan C) only):
- you must be fully vaccinated as prescribed in the vaccination certificate issued by the Government of Malaysia or your country of residence; and
- you must adhere to the latest travel requirements and guidelines issued by the relevant government of every country you will travel to and transit through, which includes your departure country, your transit country, and country of your destination.
You can only purchase one such Policy for the same journey, where each trip must begin and end in Malaysia. The maximum period for any one journey shall not exceed 90 consecutive days.
You are advised to note the scale of benefits for death and disablement in your insurance policy. You must nominate a nominee and ensure that your nominee is aware of the personal accident policy that you purchased. To effect payment of claims to the intended trustee(s)/nominee(s), you are required to submit to us the duly completed appointment/change of nominee(s)/trustee(s)’ form in hardcopy within 30 days of your purchase.
The Policy shall be interpreted in accordance with the law and jurisdiction of Malaysia. In the event of claim, please contact any GEGM branch and submit all original receipts, invoices and other relevant documents. The Description of Benefits is brief summary for your easy reference. The detailed terms and conditions are available in the Policy contract.
This material is for general information only. It is not a contract of insurance. You are advised to refer to the Product Disclosure Sheet for more important features and benefits of the plan before purchasing the plan. For further information, reference shall be made to the terms and conditions specified in the Policy Contract.
Inquiry - Travel Insurance